Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hydrangea aborescens 'Invincibelle Spirit'

With so many people bothering me about the new 'Incrediball' hydrangea at work I never thought to check what else was coming down the line in the world of hydrangeas. Then today as I'm counting the stock coming off the truck... wait? Is that a pink H. aborescens? I haven't even seen 'Incrediball' and already I like this better.


Photobucket
Hydrangea aborescens 'Incredibelle Spirit'


Yes, we got in about 20 of these plants and I'm really excited about them. Main highlights are (basically) - pink (regardless of pH), the same shade tolerance of other H. aborescens cultivars, blooms on new growth like 'Annabelle' so more reliable than H. macrophylla cultivars (some people have problems with the re-bloomers too... or want pink under a pine tree etc - this will solve their problems), and that portion of sales from 'Invincibelle Spirit' will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment